Medela is the world’s leading breastfeeding advocate and the go-to brand for breast pumps. So naturally, they have taken the next step in infant care by developing a new line of soothers, which are suitable for infants up to 36 months.
Combining 60 years of breastfeeding expertise and 30 years of scientific research, Medela have developed a high quality soothers range with the help of leading experts in silicone manufacturing. The result is a soft, lightweight, gentle-on-skin feel and ergonomic shield to fit the contour of a baby’s face.
The Medela Baby Soothers range is made from food-grade silicone without BPA or BPS and has been developed in Switzerland, meeting the highest safety design and quality standards, while incorporating Medela’s leading research based commitment to supporting breastfeeding mothers and their babies.
The soothers feature Medela Baby’s exclusive SensoPearlsTM for a gentle-on-skin feel and enhanced airflow, a symmetrical teat with a thin neck and reduced teat volume for healthy gum and jaw development.
Standout features of the four types of Medela Baby Soothers Range:
- Soft silicone – supports a natural suckling with a one-piece super soft, lightweight and flexible design.
- Fits under the nose – inspired by Medela’s Contact Nipple Shield, it fits under the nose to not interfere with breathing and smelling the comforting scent of the mother.
- Newborn – is lightweight and perfect for infants 0-2 months. The Newborn soother is made from extra lightweight silicone and has a small symmetrical teat.
- Original – is perfect for everyday use and available in three sizes 0-6 months, 6-18 months and 18+ months.
- Day & Night – 24-hour 2-piece set, which includes the Original soother and a Night soother that glows in the dark. The sets are available in three sizes: 0-6 months, 6-18 months and 18+ months.
- Transport and storage – the soothers come with either a protection cap or Steribox for hygienic use and easy transport.
- Food grade silicone – without BPA or BPS.
Medela Baby Soother Range RRP – $8.99 to $13.99
Where to buy:
Available from leading retailers including: Baby Bunting, Chemist Warehouse, Big W, Target, Woolworths and Amazon.