When it comes to finding a good baby monitor it has to be sturdy and have the ability to cover some tight angles in my nursery. The Secure875 ticks these boxes and so many more that I hadn’t even thought of! It definitely has given me peace of mind with my active toddler.
I love the size of the monitor; it’s 5” and super sleek. The camera is a little bulky for my liking, but it needs to be that way to enable the motorised pan-tilt function. The camera is really sturdy and unlike some other baby monitor cameras.
Ease of Use
Set up is as easy as plugging into the power outlet and turning on! All of the on-screen menu options are self-explanatory.
- 5” LCD screen – The massive 5” colour LCD touch screen has a modern aesthetic and tactile design with an intuitive feature set.
- Pan-tilt – The motorised pan-tilt camera unit allows you to move the camera up, down, left, and right using the on-screen controls. I was able to scan the room when my toddler got out of bed! I think this is of the best aspects of the camera, it allows you to adjust the camera to exactly the right angle for your nursery set up.
- White noise and lullabies – These are accessible via the on-screen menu and create a tranquil and relaxing environment.
- Room temperature indicator – To optimize ideal sleep conditions the Secure875 displays the room temperature on the main screen and will sound an alarm if the temperature is too low or high.
- Baby-friendly night vision – Allows you to see your child clearly, even when the nursery is dark.
- Parent talk back – This feature allows parents to speak into the monitor to help settle the baby without entering the room, which is super handy!
- Built-in feed timer – Allows parents to set a reminder for feeds
- Multi–camera – Ability to connect up to 4 cameras to the monitor
The Secure875 is more than just a big screen; it has an intuitive feature set, offering parents a sense of comfort. The monitor also gives you peace of mind and freedom to get on with other things around the home knowing you can check on your baby at any time.
Make sure the camera has enough space around and above to allow for the pan-tilt function.
I would recommend the Oricom Secure875 to other mums, especially those who have nurseries where space is limited or those who have toddlers.