Breast milk is often referred to as ‘liquid gold’ as every drop is precious and shouldn’t be wasted! When breastfeeding the non-feeding breast will experience a let-down and will often release milk that usually would be absorbed into breast pads or into your clothing (leaving wonderful wet circles!). This is where the Medela Silicone Breast Milk Collector will become your new best friend. All that milk that was being absorbed into the breast pad is safely collected into the silicone bottle, which can be stored thanks to the double leak-proof stopper and lid.
The Medela Silicone Breast Milk Collector allows breast feeding mums to collect 100mls of breast milk while breast feeding. This is truly a game changing product for breastfeeding mums and should be a staple on all baby shower registries.
Difference between a milk collector and breast pump
A breast pump uses a repetitive sucking motion to mimic a baby feeding, which is important to maintain supply. Whereas a milk collector does not reproduce any sucking motions and relies on the body’s natural process of a let-down from breast feeding to collect milk.
Standout features of the Medela Silicone Breast Milk Collector:
- Double leak proof design – means double the protection from both a stopper and lid
- Secure suction base – prevents tipping over
- Lanyard – with a convenient clip and for ease of use
- One piece design – makes it easy to use and clean
- Quiet, discreet and portable – collect milk anywhere!
- No nasties – all contact areas are free from BPA. Silicone is 100% food-grade
- Perfect capacity – holds up to 100ml of breast milk
It is important to note the Medela Silicone Breast Milk Collector is not a breast pump and will not generate any sucking cycles to actively remove milk from the breast.
Medela Silicone Breast Milk Collector RRP$27.95