The Braun ThermoScan 5 Ear Thermometer is a stylish looking device, packaged in a sturdy cradle that houses a generous supply of disposable hygienic tips, ensuring all items are compact and kept together.
It fits comfortably in your hand and with only the on/off and temperature buttons to operate, it is easy to use with one hand. The digital display is large, clear and well lit.
The simplicity of its operation means that it can be used by all family members.
The 1 second reading when you have a screaming wriggling bub is fantastic. I knew almost immediately if my bub had a temperature or was just fussing.
- As a first-time mum and anxious about everything, the unique positioning system was such a comfort as the light and sound confirmed that the thermometer was positioned correctly, gently and comfortable for my little one.
- Exact temperature readings; I did measure the temperature of all my family members, multiple times and was pleased with the consistency of the readings. This meant I was confident in the accuracy of the product when using on our bub.
- The night light was great, making it super easy to use in the wee hours, yet wasn’t blinding.
- I also really appreciated the memory recall function as it allowed me to track my bubs temperature after pain relief.
- Whilst not a feature of the thermometer, I found the user manual included with the product brilliant. It was very helpful in explaining all the features and outlining trouble shooting issues. It also provided a temperature guide for fevers and age ranges, which was a comfort, giving me confidence in decision making as to what I might do next for my bub.
- A thoughtful feature was the pre-warmed tip. Off course I road tested the product on all family members and none flinched or complained about the usual cold metal of a thermometer. This feature has far more scientific reasons for its inclusion, specifically to provide an accurate reading and give the ExactTemp, but my family appreciated it for the comfort factor.
- Battery operation makes the Braun ThermoScan 5 portable and I could safely stash it in the nappy bag for easy use when on the go.
- A minor niggle and only because my primary use for the Braun ThermScan 5 Ear Thermometer at this point is with a newborn, I really needed two-hands to remove the thermometer from the casing. This was sometimes tricky when also trying to cradle my bub. Wall mounted or secured to a surface would solve this issue, however, you would then lose portability for travel.
- A no contact thermometer would be fantastic, as I have a very wriggly boy, however I am not sure if a) such technology exists and b) how accurately the measuring would be.
As a first-time mum, with an early teething bub the Braun ThermoScan 5- Ear Thermometer was a real must have item.
I found it to be a supremely helpful tool to monitor my bubs temperature in those moments that I needed my judgement confirmed as my bub suffered through teething.
Being a novice, I loved the fact that I didn’t have to stick the thermometer anywhere uncomfortable (as I remember as a child) to get a reading, it was fast, efficient and easy to operate. It really was a user-friendly tool, that the whole family could operate – my 9-year-old stepdaughter did so successfully. The features are terrific and the user guide very detailed. I felt like a professional and would highly recommend this product to others.