Which breast pump is right for you will depend on your expected usage – and your circumstances.
Medela Australia recommend you look at your individual circumstances when bringing baby home and your expected usage from a Breast Pump.
Here we look at which breast pump is right for you:
- Going home after baby is born – it is recommend that you hire a professional grade Symphony pump until your supply is established. The Symphony breast pump supports you to successfully initiate, build and maintain an adequate milk production.
- Baby in SCN – it is recommend that you hire a professional grade Symphony pump. See here why hiring a professional breast pump after birth can help you.
- Health issues that may affect your supply – it is recommend that you hire a professional grade Symphony pump
- Low supply issues – it is recommend that you hire a professional grade Symphony pump
- Pumping occasionally – we would recommend The Harmony. Medela Harmony single manual breast pump is designed for mums who mostly breastfeed and is great for travel or as a backup to your electric pump.
- Pumping often and prefer to single pump – we would recommend The Swing. Compact enough to easily fit in your handbag, the Medela Swing single electric pump is easy to set up and comfortable to use, whether you are at home, at work or traveling.
- Pumping frequently and prefer to double pump because of the benefits – we would recommend The Swing Maxi. Unlike a single pump, Medela Swing maxi pumps simultaneously from both breasts and allows you to express more milk with higher energy content.
- Pumping all feeds – we would recommend The freestyle. Weighing just 370g, it is one of the smallest double pumps on the market. It is designed for women who need to pump daily and often throughout the day.
For more information on breast pumps click here