Most of us know that iron can be a big issue in pregnancy. Low iron can make you feel pretty rotten. Most pregnancy vitamins contain an iron supplement but for some women it’s just not enough, simply because your iron requirements are higher in pregnancy.
So it makes sense that unless you specifically set out to increase your iron intake while you’re pregnant, you may be at risk for low iron. In fact, it’s estimated that at least 1 in 10 non-pregnant women are low in iron, so throw pregnancy in to the mix and that estimation no doubt increases.
Spatone Iron Supplement is a great addition to your pregnancy health regime because it’s the only 100 percent natural liquid iron supplement which is shown to help maintain healthy iron levels in pregnancy. When we are doing everything we can to grow a health baby, topping up our iron stores with a product that is completely natural, is a ‘no brainer’.
Here are some other things that I think are great about Spatone Iron Supplement:
- The iron in Spatone has been tested to be highly absorbable, which means you only need to take a small amount of it
- You’re less likely to experience the dreaded iron constipation, nausea and stomach upset that sometimes accompanies iron supplements because it’s taken in low doses, and results in high absorption
- Spatone is a 100% natural liquid iron supplement that is filled and packed directly at the source so there’s no risk of contamination in transit
- It contains no additives, preservatives or artificial sweeteners
- It’s gluten, lactose and dairy free.
Spatone Iron Supplements come in an easy to use sachet that can be mixed with a glass of juice or your morning smoothie. Mixing it with a Vitamin C-rich smoothie or juice will also aid absorption as Vitamin C is known to help your body absorb iron.
You can buy Spatone Iron Supplements at Chemist Warehouse, Priceline, Terry White Chemmart pharmacies, independent pharmacies, health food stores and Coles.
RRP: 28 sachets: $36.25 14 sachets: $24.15
Always read the label and use only as directed.