Bringing a baby into the world is full of challenges, especially when you throw in breastfeeding. For some new mums breastfeeding is easy, but for others the journey is hard, exhausting and painful. Fortunately Multi-Mam has developed a compress with plant-based actives that relieves discomfort associated with breastfeeding. Think of it as a mini sheet mask for your hard working nipples!
The Multi-Mam compresses are an intensive treatment that supports the natural healing process of cracked, sore and swollen nipples. The compresses use a non-absorbing compress, which creates an ideal environment for the healing process to take place. This means new mums can feel comfortable and enjoy breastfeeding.
Multi-Mam Compresses are designed specifically to soothe pain and reduce the swelling that occurs with breast feeding.
How it works:
- Wash your hands. Open the sachet, unfold the compress and place the gel side onto your sore nipple.
- Leave compress on for at least 10 minutes, preferably 30 minutes and a maximum of 1 hour.
- Apply at least twice a day until discomfort is relieved.
- Each compress is single use. The compress can be cut into two with clean scissors to be used across both nipples.
Other benefits of the Multi-Mam compresses include:
- Naturally derived gel – excess gel does not need to be removed prior to breastfeeding.
- Compress stays on the nipple – keeping the nipple moist.
- Can be stored in the fridge – for extra relief the compresses can be kept in the fridge.
- Optimises the condition of the nipple – generates moistness and forms a physical barrier against harmful bacteria.
- Supports the natural healing process
- Soft and comfortable against the skin – can be used under breast pads.
The main ingredient in the Multi-Mam Compress is Glalactoarabinan Polyglucuronic Acid Crosspolymer (2QR), which works by creating a barrier between the microorganisms that cause infections and human tissue. 2QR (pronounced “to cure”) is a naturally derived, plant-based ingredient extracted from the plant Aloe Barbadensis, which generates moistness and supports the natural healing process.
Multi-Mam Compresses come highly reviewed and are available at Chemist Warehouse and all good pharmacies.