Between the ages of two weeks and 12 months little ones can develop seborrheic dermatitis or cradle cap as it’s commonly known, which is non-contagious. Cradle cap is most known to appear on a baby’s scalp but it can also appear on the forehead, face, behind ears, armpits, nappy area, and other skin folds. A baby with cradle cap will appear to have slightly red scaly or crusty yellow patches on their skin, particularly on their scalp. As uncomfortable as this may look, cradle cap generally isn’t itchy or irritating for babies.
There are no known causes for cradle cap, but it is thought to be a combination of factors such as too much skin oil in the oil glands or hair follicles and a type of yeast that is found on the skin called Malassezia.
The good news is, GAIA Natural Baby have developed a gentle lotion to help remove flakes associated with cradle cap and keep the scalp moisturised to help minimise future flaking.
Standout features of GAIA Natural Baby Cradle Cap Lotion
- Built-in medical grade silicone application brush – makes applying the lotion convenient and hygienic
- Full of goodies – made from 98% naturally derived ingredients such as soothing organic Calendula, organic Chamomile, and Grapeseed Oil.
- Free of any nasties – pH balanced, non comedogenic and free from petrochemicals, parabens, phthalates, mineral oil, propylene glycol, nut oils, artificial colours and fragrances.
- Gentle oil in lotion formula – helps remove flakes associated with cradle cap.
- Moisturising – keeps scalp moisturised and helps minimize future breakouts
- All ages – suitable for use from birth
- Cruelty-Free and lovingly Australian owned and made
How to use GAIA Natural Baby Cradle Cap Lotion
GAIA Natural Baby Cradle Cap Lotion is easy to use in a few quick steps:
- Twist the bottle to unlock the brush tip
- Squeeze out a small amount
- Twist again to lock the brush
- Gently dab the lotion onto the affected area, no pressure is needed while applying
- After application clean the brush tip with a damp cloth to remove any excess product.
TIP: As tempting as it may be, it’s not recommended to pick the at the flakes of skin to remove them. You can however, apply the GAIA Natural Baby Cradle Cap Lotion as often as needed.
GAIA Natural Cradle Cap Lotion RRP $14.99