Did you know that most baby wipes are made from plastic?
The best natural baby wipes for your baby means weighing up things like the cost, the ingredients, how well they do the job, and how sustainable they are. After all, baby wipes are going to be a mainstay in your shopping trolley for a VERY long time (way beyond the nappy years!).
GAIA’s Bamboo Baby Wipes are the best eco and skin friendly wipes for all of your family’s messiest moments, and here’s why you’re going to love them. They are:
- Ultra soft, moisturising, and soothing on baby’s delicate skin
- Made from 100% biodegradable bamboo
- Contains natural moisturising and soothing agents – organic aloe vera and organic chamomile
- Free from any added nasties, such as alcohol, soap, petrochemicals, preservatives
- Gentle enough to use on your little one’s face and hands
- Contains a light, natural scent derived from essential oils to cover the smells at nappy changes
- Available also in bulk packs, making them excellent value for money
Why is bamboo better for the environment?
Bamboo is 100% biodegradable, so once you dispose of these wipes, they will break down naturally in just 14 days*. Used wipes should always be disposed of in household trash, as fecal matter will contaminate home compost. However, you can rest assured that your wipe will breakdown quickly in landfill, unlike plastic-based wipes.
To grow bamboo, it needs very little to no water and uses less space than cotton. Interestingly, bamboo also generates more oxygen in the environment than trees, and is harvested from established plantations, so no animal habitats are destroyed in the process. So, don’t worry – this bamboo is very panda-friendly!
What else do these bamboo baby wipes contain?
GAIA’s bamboo baby wipes contain organic extracts of aloe vera and chamomile to gently care for your baby’s skin. They can be used in conjunction with GAIA’s soap and sulphate free cleansers, skin-softening moisturisers, and soothing nappy products to gently care for your baby’s delicate and sensitive skin. See our review of their natural baby skincare range here.
Available in 80 pack RRP $6.50
240 value pack RRP $14.95
480 pack RRP $24.95
Find a stockist or order online via Gaia’s website