Every new parent worries about their baby overheating while they’re sleeping, especially during the warmer months. Bonds, Australia’s most loved and trusted clothing brand, has just launched an exciting new range of baby clothing with this in mind.
Bonds new range is called Wondercool, and it’s the only baby clothing approved by Red Nose for safer sleep. Red Nose is Australia’s leading authority on safe sleep. Through their determination and fundraising efforts, they created the successful public health ‘Back to Sleep’ program, which has so far resulted in an 85% reduction in SIDS in Australia.
So, if the Bonds Wondercool range has been approved by Red Nose for safer sleep, you can rest assured that your baby will be comfortable, cosy, and cool.
Features of the Bonds Wondercool Range
- Innovative Wondercool technology in which cooling is activated by skin temperature.
- Strict quality and safety controls are followed, as with every BONDS product.
- Unique BONDS Air-Cuffs keep little fingers and toes comfortable and cool.
- Super soft fabrics are gentle on skin.
- Quick and easy dressing with the BONDS 2-way zip.
- Made from Australian cotton yarns and good dyes.
Red Nose Safe Sleep Guidelines
Babies spend a lot of time sleeping (well, that’s the ongoing pursuit of many parents anyway!), and some sleeping arrangements have been found to be unsafe. According to Red Nose, it can increase the risk of Sudden Unexpected Death in Infancy (SUDI), including SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome) and fatal sleeping accidents. SIDS remains the most common category of deaths between one month and one year of age.
Creating a safe sleeping environment for babies can reduce the risks:
- Sleep baby on their backs from birth (not on their side or tummy)
- Keep baby’s face and head uncovered:
- Baby’s feet are positioned at the bottom of the cot
- Blankets and fitted sheets are tucked in firmly. Alternatively, place baby in a safe sleeping bag.
- No pillows, bumpers, lambs wool, toys, doonas
- Keep baby smoke-free before and after birth
- Provide a safe sleeping environment night and day:
- Safe cot, that meets the relevant Australian standard (AS/NZS2172)
- Safe mattress, clean, flat, firm, correct size for the cot
- Safe bedding (no additional items in the cot or any bulky bedding – soft surfaces and bulky bedding increases the risk of SIDS)
- Sleep baby in their own safe sleeping space in the same room as an adult caregiver for the first 6-12 months.
- Breastfeed baby (If possible)
For more detailed advice on safe sleeping practices for your baby, you can download a brochure.
The Wondercool range comes in: size 00000-2
RRPs range from $29.95 – $34.95
Available to purchase from bonds.com.au