Tips on How to Conceive a Baby Boy
I have my friend Amber to thank for this one. She makes the best zucchini slice going around and kindly shared her recipe with me. This is a slightly altered version for your bub to enjoy, but I guarantee you will love it too. Suitable for freezing. Contains egg.
Makes: 20cm square baking dish
Total Time: approx. 35 minutes
2 medium zucchinis (about 250g)
1-2 rashers of bacon, rind removed (50g) (Optional for older babies)
1/2 small onion (50g)
1/2 cup grated tasty cheese
1/2 cup self raising flour
2 tbs olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Butter and line a 20cm square (or round) cake or slice tin.
2. Grate zucchini into a bowl. Finely chop the bacon and onion and add to zucchini with cheese.
3. In another bowl add flour, oil and eggs, mixing well. Combine with zucchini mix and pour into prepared tin.
4. Bake for 30-40 mins until set and starting to colour. You may want to cook for longer approx. 1 hour to allow onions to soften more for smaller babies.
5. Allow to cool in pan before turning out and cutting. Slices can be frozen and thawed as required.
Tip: Substitute some of the zucchini for grated pumpkin and/or carrot for a sweeter vegetable slice.